A Fresh Start


    When it was the first month of the year 2023, I was looking for someone to actually like me—to love me. The whole falling in love thing seemed so distant, and everywhere I went, it felt like everyone else had it but me. I know that I am still a teenager, still growing, still has many experiences to come but I was longing for it. Maybe the universe took pity on me ‘cause I looked for love like a dog waiting for its owner to come. 

When love found me, it was unexpected. It just arrived suddenly when I wasn’t looking for it. It was pure, genuine, and felt safe, or so I thought? The love I had thought wasn’t even love. It belonged to someone else, it was never mine to begin with. I stopped believing in love for a brief moment in time. Love made the happiest, but it broke me in the worst possible way. 




    


Nevertheless, I am grateful for those individuals who stood by my side during my most challenging moments. Their presence and support mended a piece of my being that they had never shattered. In that very moment, I knew that love exists within me—I am brimming with it. My friends embody love, and it is this essence that defines us. Without the foundation of love, what would we be? Its what makes us.







    Love is a strong word, a big premise. You can’t just say you “love” the person right away. It takes time. It takes trust, sincerity, and affection. Learn to love yourself before loving others. Loving yourself can bring out the best in you that you can give to other people. We don't have to beg for love; we can give it to ourselves. When the right time comes, love will find its way. This year, I’m going to pause the search for love. I want a quiet life. I’m going to prioritize my solitude now. However, I wouldn’t become who I am today if i wasn’t who I was last year. And to the not-so-good memories of the past year, it’s time to let go. 





Reference/s:
(n.d). Accounts.google.com, Retrieved January 4, 2024, from 
    https://www.blogger.com/u/3/blog/post/edit/7829691999886487738/6840261134635437576

[Photograph]. 72 Best Happy New Year Wishes and Messages to Ring in 2024. Retrieved January 4, 2024, from:
    
[Photograph]. 200+ Happy New Year Wishes, Messages, and Quotes to Share in 2024. Retrieved January 4, 2024, from:

 [Photograph].Goodbye 2023 holidays celebration with christmas decorations background. Retrieved January 4, 2024, from:



Comments

  1. I know I am just a stranger to you, but I just want you to know that love comes within. The love that you find for yourself and from the people that treasure you will always be the sweetest form of love. Belated Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is a journey, isn't it? Finding it unexpectedly, experiencing pain, and then finding solace in self-love. Here's to prioritizing ourselves and welcoming the New Year with open arms!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts